home about me our home

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Virtual Shopping For The "T"word at the "T" store

Yesterday I talked about the "T" word Texture and how it can make a nice room become a Great room!So how can you bring Texture into your rooms? Well every element in a room will have some form of texture,whether it is rough,smooth,shiney. When you look at a piece to purchase for your home think of what texture will this bring to my room? Does your room need more rough, smooth or shiney? Since we are talking about the "T" word I thought I would take you on a virtual shopping trip to a store that starts with a "T". I bet you know which one I am talking about, I like to refer to it as "Tarjay". I know almost everyone has a Target in their town and they do a wonderful job on decorative items at very affordable prices and in this economic enviroment we need good deals to spruce up our homes.I am going to show you just a few items that could bring in some texture variations in your room. Of course you will need to choose items that go with your own personal style and the look of your room but this will just be some ideas to show you the varied textures that items can have. So first think of the accessory your room needs or that you just want and then think of the texture the room needs. Here we gooooooooo!Virtual shopping at Tarjay


This mirror would bring shine to any room and it is only $99 or this great black one at $79.00

This is a great mirrored sconce to bring shine and light into a room for $24.99




The ball of twine would add a nice rough texture to any room for only $9.99
or how about the great texture of the coral also for $9.99






This pillow at $19.99 would add a great texture to any room



I love the nubbiness on this throw,another interesting texture to bring into a room, again from Tarjay in their Nantucket collection for $24.99




This shiney metal bowl is a great texture and has a sculptural quality for only $14.99

There are so many great deals at Target, they have great mirrored trays for $29.99  would look wonderful on an ottoman.They even have a black tray with a mirrored top by Victoria Hagan for the same price that I have in my home and I use it on my ottoman.Target also has a great banana leaf trunk for $79.99 that has a great texture and also storage inside. So you can see if you are a little more selective and observant you can add interest to any room in your home for a great price. A dear friend of mine has a saying,"LLM"
That stands for "Looks Like More". Now isn't that what we are all looking for?
Enjoy The Process of: shopping for texture that,"LLM"(looks like more)
Kathysue

13 comments:

Paula Bee said...

Dear Kathy,

I love your blog! It is perfectly you! Great job!

Love,
Paula

Kathysue said...

Thankyou so much Paula, it is nice to see you here. hugs to you ,Kathysue

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Kathysue, this is all so interesting. I keep going to all my rooms and looking around everytime you do a post. I really think you need to share all this wonderful knowledge with everyone. It is invaluable. Hugs, Marty

Kathysue said...

Thank you so much sweet Marty, I will be going public soon I think, I am still working on the technical stuff, just not quite comfortable with all that yet, but soon ,I promise. Hugs Kathysue

txbelle said...

Kathy,
I'm excited for you that you decided to take the plunge and start your own blog! I like that you're challenging your readers to consider the basics of design while giving them great examples that are affordable to everyone. You're off to a great start and I look forward to more informative and inspiring posts! Love, Vicki

Kat said...

Kathysue, you know how much I love it when you take us shopping! You always find the greatest things, and I love that they are affordable. Just proves that great style doesn't have to be expensive. Can't wait til you take your blog public, I'll be trumpeting from mine for sure! Hugs, Kat

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh Kathysue...You know I am so excited that you have decided to do this! We have so much to learn from you, my friend! And I love what you are showing us. Who knew that Tarjay is such a great source for stuff that LLM! Gotta go...to Target! lol Hugs...Debbie

Jeanette said...

Hmmm...I thought I commented yesterday, but I guess I didn't. That, or the gremlin ate my comment. lol! I love, love, love Target. I can always get into trouble there, but the good thing is it is never really BIG trouble. I just love that ball of twine!

La Dolfina said...

Can't wait to go shopping with you!!
We're on for the 12th :)
We'll make it a blogworthy day.
Love you,
Terri

chisenfam said...

Im loving this, I feel like I have my very own personal decorator giving me mini lessons. Im like Marty, I found myself looking around as I read about the "dead corners" and thinking I NEED some UPLIGHTS!! Love you and I know we're going to love your blog. Hugs~Carol

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Another great idea...ummm, wonder if I'm doing this...not sure...need to go look at my rooms and see! Are you going to make me spend more money? ;-)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Another great post Kathysue! I've never been to a new blog that had more than one post! You are getting off to a great start! laurie

xinex said...

You have such good taste and I enjoy shopping with you, KathySue...Christine