home about me our home

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Persistence and Determination Pays!!

I have been helping my beautiful DIL with the design of their Master bedroom. She wanted something at the foot of their bed to sit on to put on shoes and to hold the comforter and extra pillows while they were sleeping. In making plans for the room I had a design in mind and in that design I saw an X bench.

 We found one at William Sonoma for $1,550. Sorry not in the budget. So that began the search. She found other benches in a different style, but it just was not going to work for the vision that was in my head. Do you do that? I get a picture in my head of entire rooms and I can not get it out. We both continued to look to no avail.

Well, today that all changed!! She sent me an email of the X bench with the white upholstery that I had envisioned for a mere $149 and free shipping. I know it probably won’t be the quality of WS Home, but at that price I think we will adjust. I will let you be the judge:

Here is the WS Home X bench in a brown upholstery for $1550
william sonoma home

Now for the white upholstered X bench with free shipping for $149
untitled
Pretty amazing isn’t it? You will be glad to know that she placed the order for two of the benches today!! We are on our way to completion. I will show you some of the other elements that we are using in the room on another post.
Here is a sneak peek:
photo[1] (600x800) (2)
shade anthro (179x269)
I just had to share this wonderful deal with you all. If you are looking for an X bench you can go here to get this great deal!!
I will let you know how they look once they get them.
“Enjoy the Process” Of:
Being persistent and finding a great deal!!
Kathysue

23 comments:

Jules said...

The white one is much, much nicer!!!!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow, Kathysue! The bench is amazing...almost identical! And I like the white upholstery so much better! Can't wait to see the reveal! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

I am a sucker for a good look for less and this one is awesome. And free shipping and no tax to boot! Cannot wait to see what else you have in store for this room.

Jeanette said...

What a great deal!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wow, it looks just like the very over priced one.

SHERRY HART said...

Holy Smokes!!! What a deal! I love those and can't wait to use them. Good work "Sherlock"........

Paula Bee said...

Oh my! What wonderful shoppers you are! Simply perfect!

Karen said...

Excellent find. These would look perfect in any room of the house if she ever wants to mix things up a bit.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Kathysue, that's a wonderful bench. Great knock-off for sure & a much better price. I'm sure the room will be beautiful.

So sorry about Marija, I had never been to her blog, but she seems like a lovely person. So many blogs to find and keep up with these days.

vignette design said...

Honestly Kathysue, I can't tell the difference! If the upholstery isn't up to par, it can easily be recovered. Great find! Can't wait for the final reveal.
I have a willow trunk coming from WS on Friday. It was half off! I'm going to use it as a coffee table in my family room.

Bill said...

Hi Kathysue,

I'm so glad your vision of the room redesign is becoming reality! The cost-effective white bench is a brilliant stand-in for the WS one! Congratulations to you and your DIL on finding it. Looking forward to the big reveal!

Bill

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Kathysue, it looks like an almost perfect match. What a great find. I know their room is going to be fabulous. Hope you're having a super day. Hugs, Marty

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

You are such a smarty! Love it! Have a wonderful afternoon!

Enjoy!
Cathy

LindsB said...

How did you know I was looking for a pair of X-Benchs?? You totally read my mind, you are the best!

ashlina {the decorista} said...

you are so clever and a mind reader i think. i have been looking for something like this...gorge! xo

bazaarofserendipity said...

So gorgeous! i just love an X bench. You could literally put them anywhere!

Sue said...

I like the white one better anyway! Don't you just love it when you find exactly what you are looking for?

Pinky said...

I, too like the white one, the padding seems thicker too! The style is identical! GREAT find! Can't wait for the reveal!!!!!!!!!! XO, Pinky

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Thank you Kathysue, I love it you find cool stuff for us. Can't wait for the big reveal!

Loft32 said...

Please DO let us know how it is in person. I too saw this one and wondered if the quality is good enough. Hopefully it is, 'cause I'll be ordering two if so!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

That white one is a beauty! xo

Privet and Holly said...

I absolutely love it when
you have a vision and then
find it in at an affordable
price! Lucky girl to have
you helping her! xx Suzanne

Kat said...

I'm so excited that this project is coming together! I love the benches she found, what a great deal. Looking forward to seeing the room, I just know it's going to be fabulous. Hugs, Kat