home about me our home

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Contemplating Color Combinations!

6 (460x360)


When I am working on a project I like to pull together images that have color combinations that I am contemplating on using. It is fun to see how others combine colors and in a room.

You are about to see different rooms with one of the color combinations I am going to use in my on-going project.

1 (277x182)

2 (360x460) 
Darling throw and I love the mix of the bright pops of color with the cow hide rug and footstool. Using the wood coffee table ties it all together.

8 (225x225)

7 (384x548)
What a fun mix of fabrics. Notice the large scale pattern mixed with the smaller zig-zag pattern on the stool.

9 (450x600)

4 (250x250)
Hmmmmm?! Interesting. Color cues can come from anything!!!

decorpad (343x500)
Fun Rug, I also love the texture of the basket with the shine of the chrome.

11 (400x267)

johnathon adler decorpad (360x460)
Johnathon Adler via Decorpad

laura Trevey (500x313)
Artist Laura Trevey via her blog Bright,Bold Beautiful

10 (274x184)
We can get our color cues from all kinds of sources. Nature is one of the best sources for color combinations.

3 (273x400)

yOUNG House Love (500x375)

Lennox (272x185)

Can you tell what direction my design plan is going?
I have a few more puzzle pieces to share with you tomorrow!!!

“Enjoy the Process” Of:

Researching interesting color combinations!!

Kathysue

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am loving the combinations.

The green is wonderful!

Party Resources said...

It is so grey, cold and snowing yet again here in Boston. This beautiful post is just what I needed! Love the photos (ok maybe not the sneaks). Be sure to check out my post today for an "all things Ina giveaway".

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Very pretty combinations...I am thinking green and blue.

Bring Pretty Back said...

Kathysue, you know I love pink! But , that green is so so so pretty too! Bright and cheery!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

designchic said...

Such a pretty combination...my favorite is the Jonathan Adler room!!

Tote said...

I love the very first picture. Just my style. What style are those sofas? Are they English roll arm? That is exactly what I am looking for.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Hello, Kathysue!


Thank you so much for your comments on my blog today! It was very nice having you there. :-)


I'm so into blue lately and seeing with green here made me feel even more "in love" with blue. Really interesting post! Good job!

Have a wonderful week!

xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Hi Kathysue, just went through a few posts and I want to do my whole house over in these pretty colors. And I love the urns up on the stands. I could so move into your house. Black and white toile is a favorite.

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

Such a fresh and crisp color combo!

Marcus Design said...

This color combo is stunning and fresh Kathysue!! Makes me feel like 'Bring on spring!!!' Can't wait to see what you are cooking up!

PS. Thank you for your prayers, we got a hold of all my family members by telephone and every one is safe!
Nancy xo

EFT Therapy said...

I think aqua and green is a good color combination.

SHERRY HART said...

That second picture is one I have had in my files forever!