home about me our home

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Creative Ways With Silverware & My Countdown!!

   


Thanksgiving is less than a week away so now we are going to have to get down to, “BUSINESS!”





Instead of jamming everything in one, or two days I like to stretch out the work a little bit at a time.




Thursday:
  • Order turkey
  • Order any fresh flowers needed from florist
  • If specialty produce is needed order it from the grocers.






Friday:

  • clean out refrigerators ( you want to make sure you have room for all the fresh produce etc. that will be coming.)

  • clean out pantry

  • clean out spice cabinet  (Check the dates on the spices you will be using, buy fresh if outdated)

  • organize the coffee cupboard, and make sure all accoutrements are  available for guest.
1.half-half
2.vanilla creamer
3.sugar and sugar substitute.
4.tea bags
5. De-caf coffee




Saturday
  • Clean off porch and patio
  • Plant fresh flowers in pots





Sunday

  • Take out all recipes and make grocery list.



Monday

  • Grocery shop
  • Set up all tables and chairs
 


Tuesday

  • Iron napkins and table cloth
  • Set table
  • Get out all serving dishes




Wednesday
  • Do baked sweet potatoes (scoop out for Ruth Crist potatoes)
  • Do mashed potatoes(I put them in the crock-pot on Thurs and they are nice and hot for dinner,stir occasionally so the heat evenly)
  • mix up the dressing
  • Get turkey ready for tomorrow.

Source: bhg.com via Kathy Sue on Pinterest


Thursday!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!! 
Let the games begin!!!
 
BTW: Just keeping it real here!! I am so not on schedule and waaaaay behind, but I have learned one very important lesson in life...... The Important Things Always Get Done!!!
 

10 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great countdown and suggestions. Hugs, Marty

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love all the photos, Kathysue...great inspiration! And I am still so impressed by your organization! Here's my countdown...stay up half the night on Wednesday throwing things together...get up early Thursday finishing it all...make one last trip to a store that is open for that one thing I forget! lol Happy Thanksgiving!...hugs...Debbie

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Great count down....being organized helps so much. I do as much as I can ahead of time. This year....I just made a phone call.... Its being picked up and I will have to just serve it!

NanaDiana said...

You are absolutely right, Kathysue- the important things always get done.
One of my "to do" things is that as soon as the napkins and tablecloths are washed I iron them and hang them on a pants hanger. They are set to go for next time and I don't have to rush to do it at the last minute anymore- xo Diana

debra @ 5th and state said...

bravo kathysue. your table will be stunning, can't wait
xo
debra

Linda in AZ * said...

* Sweets, I LOVE doing things like this, but your lonnnngggg list makes me SO HAPPY that we're going to my In-Laws' house on T'giving (Cuz I get Christmas!!!)... YIPPEE!!!!!

Seriously, I'd "do" alll this ALOT of the time, iffff... SOMEBODY WOULD DO THE C*O*O*K*I*N*G!!! I ADORE doing all the "pretties"!!!

HAPPY T' Day this week! EVERYTHING is going to be sooooo pretty & welcoming & YUMMY at your house!!!

Hugs,
Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Carla Aston said...

You are organized, girl! Love the images you used. It gets me in the mood. Unfortunately my house is about as far away from decorating for the holidays as it can get. My floor is ripped up and I've got carpenters coming in the morning!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Wow! I am impressed. I will be buying my turkey tomorrow and do the rest of the shopping on Tuesday. I usually do most of the cooking the day before. Somehow it all gets done; Thanksgiving is such an easy meal.

michele said...

how cute is that menu napkin ring idea? so clever and graphic.

i am a little behind but not sweatin' it. so much to be thankful for.

smiles and happy almost-thanksgiving, lovely blogger.

michele

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Kathy Sue, I am a list maker and organizer too, so I real enjoyed reading your ideas. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it all this year since I broke my finger! What a pain! I love your silverware ideas too. You always have such professional looking photos! Happy Thanksgiving! Linda