home about me our home

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A FASHION POST: White on White!

 

For this Spring and Summer an all white ensemble is always a classic in my book. 

Years ago one of my signature looks was white jeans, white t-shirt, gold belt and gold driving moccasins. Of course back then we matched our belts to our shoes and our shoes to our purses. For today's look we can mix it up a bit more if we choose.

Today I am going to show you all some all white looks that I would definitely wear and I truly think just about any one can wear these looks. The important thing to always remember especially when dressing in all of one color is your silhouette.

 Ralph Lauren does a fantastic job with this all white outfit and he accents it with natural leather accessories. This is a stunning outfit. 

Personally I can not wear the cute lace-up sandals since my ankles are not slim, but I could wear this look by adjusting the sandal, and the length of the skirt to make it more proportionate to my 5'4" height.

FASHION TIP:
Often we look at an outfit and talk ourselves out of even trying it on, or trying to duplicate it. I want to urge you to retrain your brain to look at outfits that you are attracted to, and see how you can make it fit your body type and proportions.


This beautiful jumpsuit is from Chico's and I have shown this to you all before in a post. I find this not only current, but classic. This truly IS an all white outfit, including the shoes. 

Again, I would have to alter the shoes, since the heels are too high for me, but I can find a cute pair similar in look with a lower heel.  I still have my eye on this one for my wardrobe, but to be honest  I would get more use out of two pieces rather than a jumpsuit for my wardrobe.



When wearing all white it is a good idea to mix up the textures a bit. Notice the top and how it mixes two types of eyelet. This keeps the outfit interesting. I also love to wear natural brown sandals with all white. Again no lace ups for me, but on this model this is a darling outfit. For those that are interested it is on a great sale  right now. Marked $89.50 to 40% off at $47.50!


Tanya Foster is wearing her all white outfit very nicely by adding a pop of pink in her shoe. It is fun to add a bit of color in an accessory when keeping your outfit all white. The back of her top is eyelet which also adds some interest and texture. When purchasing clothing look for interesting details that takes the piece up a notch.

You can accent your all white outfit with warm brown leather and it takes on a whole different look. I found two belts at Target that I think can add to a plain top and bottom in all white that I thought you might like......


This belt is a bit wider and would look great on a white maxi dress or shirt waist dress.


 (button up you top Missy!)
 Both Eyelet dresses by Michael Kors





This belt runs a little thinner and would look great with a pair of cute white jeans and a white top. 



FASHION TIP:

If you feel you can't tuck in your shirt because your waist is a bit wider than you like, put on a cardigan that fits close to the body and then you will only see the very middle of your belted area, therefore creating a slimmer silhouette as in the image below from J.Crew!



Here are some cute leather sandals that you can mix nicely with white or any other color for that matter.....








For those of you who can wear a lace up sandal these are darling from Franco Sarto....

So what do you think, could you pull off an all white outfit? Remember you are only limited by your own imaginations. Try it, I think you might just like it!!

If you are interested in seeing more of my fashion likes, check out my pinboards for fashion all at the top of my page..... HERE!

 
 
 

3 comments:

June from Oregon said...

Kathysue,

Never thought of wearing my natural colored brown sandals with my white pants...but I will now!

Like the sleeves of Tanya Foster's white top....just the right length to hide the loose part of my arms. (I'm working on making them better!)

Mary said...

Hi Kathysue,
I love the idea of an all white outfit. I think I could pull it off. I'm only 5ft tall so wearing one color would work for me. One color doesn't cut me in half.
Just think off all the fun colors of jewelry you could add to the outfit.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love wearing all white with a pop of color...and yes, summer cardigans are great for more reasons than one!